Pages

ANNOUNCEMENT

The Monday Graveyard website has been relocated to http://www.sheeldz.co.uk/radio.

Change your bookmarks!

See you there.

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Wednesday Digest 2 (22/01/2014)

Good Wednesday. I hope you're having a great week so far; I know mine has been great. You can listen again to this past Monday's show on the Mixcloud or by clicking here to listen to the show on this very blog. It is probably the most haphazard start to a show, partly due to the technical difficulties, but also due to the music that I played.

Anyway, welcome to this week's Digest of new, music and other things that I deem worthy of posting. If you have anything that you want to appear in the week's digest, email me and I'll endeavour to included it.

TYCHO - Awake Preorder, Tour dates, and a brand new single
The "fourth" Tycho LP is coming out on the 18th of March on Ghostly International and you can preorder the new album here; it comes in a few seriosuly cool formats, namely the neat "biege" 2x 12'' record. I love the artwork, as most of Tycho's artwork is top drawer, especially the Dive artwork.

In addition to the preorder, tour dates were announced. As I like to think of this as being an international blog, here's the link to them, with a few pulled out:

March 26th - The Oval Space - London - ENG, UK - Tickets
April 12th - The Hoxton - Toronto - ON, CA - Tickets
April 29th - Fitzgerald's - Houston - TX, US - Tickets

Finally, a new "single" was released to stream and it's below. Called Montana it really shows what a live band experience Tycho has became. It is good, but I am unsure what to really make of it - I loved the ambient electronic feeling more than the post-rock feeling of his earlier work, so we will just have to see. I have an open mind.





BIBIO - The Green EP
I mentioned this on the show a few weeks back when we played Bibio, but it serves best to link to it here - a new Bibio EP is released next week following from the stunning 2013 album Silver Wilkinson. The new EP will be released on the 28th January on Warp, and you can get it from Bleep here. Watch the video for the track  Dye the Water Green below.



OTTO A TOTLAND - album stream
Otto Totland's first solo album, Pino, can now be streamed from this site here (in French). It is absolutely brilliant, and I am very excited to hear more of it as the week progresses. So far 2014 already has had some great new albums released, and I am already behind. Oops.


TALVIHORROS - Eaten Alive 
Monday Graveyard favourite Talvihorros will release his new album Eaten Alive physically and it is now up to preorder from the Denovali page. I absolutely love the work of Talvihorroros, and it is fantastic to be able to hear more new work from this great artist. 

Listen to the track The Secrets of the Sky from the album below.




No comments:

Post a Comment